910756 - Quarry Manager
Our client produce high quality products for the construction, utilities, asphalt, ready mixed concrete and pre-cast industries.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Quarry Manager, based in Durris, Aberdeenshire.
* Candidate will delegate work to appropriate areas and people within the Quarry.
* Co-ordinate and supply production across the Quarry.
* Ensure all sectors within the Quarry are running to schedule.
* Operate, check and maintain machinery.
* Ensure productivity targets at the quarry are met, by ensuring all Plant is producing efficiently.
* Ensure grading for sand and stone is up to standards.
* Adjusting plant machinery to ensure grading of sand and stone.
* Advise on machine maintenance and make recommendations regarding replacement or repair.
* Ensure health and safety standards are met.
* Ensure employees are always wearing their personal protection equipment while on site.
* Record all accidents in the incident book.
* Responsible for training in all areas of the quarry except the Mortar plant.
* With the exception of the Mortar Plant failing, ensure the Quarry site is maintained in a clean & tidy manner.
* Maintain sickness and absence records and complete daily diary for the Quarry and landfill.
* Source and order spare parts for the machines.
* Monitor and order consumable supplies.
* Assist with recruitment selection.
* Assist with site HR matters, including procedures, recruitment, employee relations.
* Check invoices and delivery notes.
Skills and Experience
* Earth moving plant training, including FEL, 360 Excavator.
* Fork lift certificate (telescopic and counter balance).
* Experience of working in a sand and gravel quarry and operation environment.
* Experience of using and operating and maintaining plant and machinery.
* Supervisory experience.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence, persuade, guide and motivate others.
* Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
* Computer literacy - including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
* Drivers licence.
* First aid certificate.
* Experience of using, operating and maintaining sand and gravel quarry and operation plant and machinery.
* Some management experience including strategic planning and directing of projects.
* Management qualification NVQ/SVQ level 4 is desirable (holds or currently undertaking or willing to achieve in a timely manner).
* Proven experience of developing innovative ideas to develop and retain employees.
* A strategic thinker able to deal with operational issues, opportunities and obstacles.
This is a permanent position. The salary for this position is negotiable. If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 910756.