909551 - Managing Surveyor
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of a Managing Surveyor based Fort William.
* Identify, mitigate, manage, and report on risks that may affect the business.
* To provide leadership and direction to the commercial team to deliver the projects' budgets through the economic use of the Company's resources ie. Management, labour, plant and materials to ensure maximum return from all construction operations.
* To act and to ensure all those within your control act professionally to protect and maintain the good standing of the Company within the industry and its clients.
* To work in conjunction with the company MD, Commercial Director and Construction Executive in terms of issues that affects the operational effectiveness of the business.
* Support the company in achieving its budget and business plan through preparation, delivery, and commercial management of projects.
* Ensure the company complies with all the requirements of the Construction Commercial and Financial procedures as produced by Group and Construction Executive.
* Ensure reporting as required by the Construction Commercial and Financial procedures is carried out timeously and accurately.
* Ensure that all projects being entered into have been vetted from a commercial and contractual perspective, and as such the risks associated with each form of contract have been recognised and understood, seeking guidance from the Commercial Director as necessary.
* Input into the tendering process ensuring that commercial and contractual risks are identified through the qualification of the bid.
* Ensure that prior to commencing work on any project a robust and satisfactory contract is in place to protect the company.
* Maintain regular contact with live projects by regular visits, ensure commercial teams are motivated to achieve company goals, and ensure that sites utilise correct tools in terms of forecasting, planning and resource management.
* Attend site meetings as necessary.
* Produce commercial and financial reports as required by the Managing Director,Commercial Director and Construction Executive.
* Monitor correspondence of a commercial and contractual nature in order to minimise risk to be business.
* Carry out cost/value investigations regularly on projects that display concerns in respect of programme slippage and issues of risk.
* Ensure risk is managed within each of the projects and within the business, provide leadership to the project teams in terms of the proactive identification and management of risks.
* Review valuation analysis.
* Review 714/bonus sheets, where appropriate.
* Assist in the production of contractual claims.
* Retain involvement in contractual disputes affecting the company, providing leadership and support in achieving the best outcome for the company, interface with the Commercial Director openly and regularly both in terms of support and in terms of progress of disputes, all in line with the Group and Construction Executive procedure.
* Ensure that Contract Insurances are properly understood prior to contract documents being signed and that the site team recognise the associated implications.
* A full appreciation of Contract Insurance Requirements to ensure that we have adequate project specific cover including subcontractors.
* Retain involvement in ongoing insurance claims as required.
* Arrange/approve sub-contractor appointments, in conjunction with company procedures ensuring regular and rigorous financial checks of the supply chain.
* Ensure that robust checks are made into the financial standing of clients etc prior to entering into contract, appropriate financial guarantees being sought in instance of concern.
* Bonds - check requirements and liaise with Group to ensure they are timeously set up and released upon project completion.
* Ensure regular End Day Forecast Reports are issued in accordance with Group and Construction Executive procedures.
* Ensure an appropriate cash flow forecast is produced for each project and is regularly assessed during the currency of each project.
* Produce figures in preparation of the monthly company accounts.
* Carry out in conjunction with the site teams and where necessary the Construction Executive work in progress reviews as required.
* Ensure projects are managed in an open and collaborative team culture between the commercial and operational functions, actively lead to commercial team to ensure this culture is instilled, the Project Leader should be responsible for both the operational and commercial function within each project team and as such must be fully conversant with the commercial picture on each project.
* Attending weekly meeting with Commercial Director
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 909551.