911220 - Senior Technical Manager
Our client is a privately owned group of companies working in infrastructure, support services and construction. Operating throughout the whole of the UK, they have a well-established presence across Scotland and the North of England.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Senior Technical Manager, based in Elgin, Scotland.
* Fully understanding all aspects of building regulations in relation to all aspects of timber framed buildings and discuss with external and internal resources.
* Able to calculate all thermal performances of panel and building structures and have the capability to prepare proposals for construction of external panels that can affect the thermal performance advising clients and their teams.
* Understand the structural requirements in timber framed buildings and provide elementary guidance as appropriate.
* Provide support to design/production functions to look at innovation and product development, to improve offering of the business.
* Interact with potential clients to discuss and secure submitted tenders with the opportunity to secure future workload.
* Develop product offering in line with current regulations, including future proofing our products in line with a changing market.
* Liaise with Design Team and lead the design development and detailing of any new products.
* In conjunction with the Managing Director develop and implement strategy to identify products and processes that can be introduced into the business.
* Provide regular updates to staff on regulation changes and any new guidelines coming into the timber frame industry.
Skills and Experience
* Candidate will have a technical management qualification.
* Degree in Architecture or another related technical subject.
* Experience gained, preferably in a Timber Frame/Off-site Manufacture background.
* Experienced in dealing with external clients and design professionals.
* Capable of working in a small team, as team player.
* Good level of AutoCAD experience.
* IT skills/use of Microsoft Office, including Excel/Word and PowerPoint.
* Communication skills.
* Organisational skills.
* Good analytical skills
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 911220.