911123 - Application Engineer
Our client is a leading global supplier of standards based structured cabling systems for data centres.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Application Engineer, based in Glenrothes, Fife.
* Works with sales, customers, and trade groups to understand the technical aspects of the products in the market place and suggest improvements to client products
* Define suitable products in line with customer request/requirement
* Drive product feature improvement and facilitate new product development
* Use and test demo parts and new processes.
* Observe product performance and report results to management
* Produce communication materials to promote and train customers on technical features of our clients products
* Review customer requirement/specifications and identity proper solutions to meet the
* Develop presentations and provide training to internal (sales and spec. engineers) and external customers including contractors, consultants and distributors
* Maintain technical/marketing literature
* Serve as firsts contact for field quality issues
* Communicate with factory, Design Engineers and others on schedule, quality issues and customer complaints
* Respond to technical requests for quotations
* Performs other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience
* HND or Bachelors Degree required in related field
* Moderate years technical support, applications
* technical sales or engineering experience
* Familiar with manufacturing processes and quality standards (6 sigma and such) is a plus
* Experience in Microsoft EXCEL, PowerPoint, Word and Project
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to communicate with all areas of the business
* Candidates should promote optimal productivity practices and show a participative management style
* that advocates teamwork
* Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) Certification
* Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) Certification
* Experience in Networking
* Infrastructure sector preferred.
* Familiar with design guidelines and competitive offerings
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 911123.