910687 - Structural Designer
Our client is the UK's leading Engineering Support Services company employing over 27,000 people worldwide operating in the Defence, Mining & Construction, Rail, Nuclear, Energy, Property Management and Education & Training sectors.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Structural Designer, based in Rosyth, Fife.
* Responsible for the creation of drawings and other design deliverables to the required standards.
* Required to contribute to, as well as, supporting the whole project and product design cycle from concept through to construction and installation technical support.
* The role requires; a good understanding of engineering and design practice's as relevant to the discipline and the holder must be able to demonstrate excellent 2D & 3D CAD skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
* Preparation/production of drawings in support of detail design in line with recognised ISO standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
* Preparation/production of fabrication drawings in line with recognised ISO standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
* Liaise with profession engineering colleagues and various stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews.
* Provide solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Technical and Production Queries.
* Produce and update 'as built' drawings and documentation.
* Reporting of technical progress and issues to line management.
* Aware of and ensure that; safety, health and environmental requirements are implemented.
Skills and Experience
* Knowledge of Offshore/Onshore/Marine Structural detail design and manufacturing outputs requirements.
* Knowledge of design into manufacturing requirements, allowing for efficient manufacture.
* Able to work independently and as part of a coordinated team to produce outputs of a high (right first time) standard.
* Proficient in; Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD, Microsoft Office.
* Candidates must have an ONC or an equivalent engineering academic qualification.
* Apprenticeship in relevant discipline or relevant industry experience.
This is a 3+ month contract.
The rate for this position is £22 per hour Ltd Co.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 910687.