911087 - Environmental Advisor
Our client is the site licence company responsible for the clean-up and demolition of Britain's former centre of fast reactor research and development.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Environmental Advisor, based in Thurso, Scotland.
* Provide environmental advice to DSRL organisations and project teams on regulatory issues.
* Support interface between decommissioning projects and the environmental closure and demolition organisation management through final decommissioning reporting and handover.
* Act as a key stakeholder in a range of environmental processes, including DMRs, HAZOPs, UNoR investigations
* Deliver specified tasks in the Environmental Improvement Plan
* Provide specialist environment support to interface with SEPA
* Produce environmental documentation in line with project and legislative requirements, including project Environmental Support Files, BPM assessments, aspects assessments.
* Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post.
* Demonstrate a detailed knowledge and understanding of environmental protection and relevant key legislation.
* Be able to manage suppliers/contractors.
* Be able to apply project management and control skills to plan, manage and implement a project.
* Have a broad knowledge of safety and environmental monitoring activities.
* Be able to identify opportunities to promote safety and the environment in the workplace.
* Have a detailed knowledge and understanding of all relevant radiological, conventional, environmental and safety issues.
* Understand how their interpersonal relationships and dealings with stakeholders will cause them to react.
* Have the knowledge required to operate within Dounreay's environmental management arrangements
* Have a basic knowledge of nuclear safety principles, security, radiological protection, criticality safety and nuclear emergency procedures
Skills and Experience
* HND in Environmental Studies or equivalent qualification.
* Some experience required in a relevant environmental position.
* Candidate must show personal commitment to promoting safety and security focus within self and others.
* Demonstrate knowledge of Site Security Plan.
* Maintains a positive safety and security culture by setting a clear example.
* Hold self and others accountable on safety issues and security breaches.
* Candidate must define and agree goals, resources and performance standards for self and/or team.
* Contribute to decision making and committed to managing resources to ensure targets are met.
* Recognise the needs of other departments and work with them to support wider business benefit.
* Monitors performance against clear standards, providing appropriate feedback and helping individuals take remedial action as required.
* Candidate must demonstrate and support a flexible approach to meeting business requirements.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 911087.