910964 - Design Manager
Our client is a global water and natural resources firm, providing technical engineering, construction services and consulting services. They have provided planning, design and construction management services for a wide range of water and natural resources projects around the world.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Design Manager, based in Stepps, Glasgow.
* Accountable for individual project delivery programmes to meet procurement, supplier and construction schedules.
* Project execution planning and allocation of resources.
* Close liaison with the Project Managers assigned to their project portfolio.
* Overall management and leadership of Design Leads within their portfolio.
* Overall monitoring and reporting against portfolio of projects (cost/schedule).
* Ensure design deliverables are developed in accordance with the agreed quality aspects of the project, including ensuring the management of quality in design and QA checks are completed.
* Develop and maintain programs and sub-programs to meet key milestones for their portfolio.
* Manage the day to day activities of the design team and ensure compliance with the overall plan.
* Monitor design team earned value and actual costs against budgets (as applicable).
* Promote innovation, efficiency, buildability and value identification.
* Provide technical oversight and where appropriate input to projects.
* Understanding and implementing the Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and Targets.
* Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
* Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role.
Skills and Experience
* Relevant Degree or equivalent qualification.
* Preferably looking for candidates from a Design & Build Construction Company background who has previous water experience, ideally familiar with Scottish Water.
* Expert knowledge working as, an Engineering Manager on Design and Construction Projects.
* Experience in the execution of Design and construct projects.
* Experience in Water Industry in Scotland desirable.
* Working knowledge of CDM and construction Health & Safety.
* Excellent oral & written communicator with the ability to work in close partnership with clients & end users.
* Must be delivery driven with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.
* Management of a portfolio of projects
* Management Engineering teams.
* Control for Budgets and Programs.
* General Technical Knowledge across all engineering disciplines.
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is £57,000 - £62,000 with car/car allowance.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 910964.