910191 - Supervisor
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Supervisor, based in Inverness.
Looking for a Supervisor to lead a small team, responsible for supervising the discharge and loading of cargo vessels, general yard work and maintenance. The role will include the communication, implementation and monitoring of agreed HSEQ procedures, and a degree of staff management.
The role does not have primary responsibility for the receipt or dispatch of goods to or from the port by road, but the Supervisor will be required to work closely with management in this area to ensure the efficient operation of all parts of the business.
* Working with management to plan and organise the discharge and loading of vessels arriving at the port, supervising same and making necessary operational adjustments throughout.
* Allocation of staff duties.
* Ensuring other yard duties are carried out, including cargo preparation and general housekeeping.
* Assisting management in the production of HSEQ and Operational documents and procedures, communicating and implementing same, and monitoring ongoing compliance.
* Dealing with minor HR issues including sickness, time off in lieu and informal discussions with staff where necessary.
* Reporting more serious staff issues or breaches to management.
* Managing waste streams and ensuring segregation.
* Checking condition and suitability of plant and equipment for tasks, and ensuring plant and equipment inspection procedures are adhered to.
* Any other such duties as may be reasonably required
* The majority of supervisory functions are routine, and the role will require you to be working alongside staff as an active participant in most tasks.
* The hours of work would be flexible, working any five days out of seven; vessels arriving at the weekend, or requiring an early start/late finish must be covered.
Skills and Experience
* Candidates require previous experience of working and supervision in an industrial environment.
* Experience with lifting operations and the surrounding legislation, whilst not essential, would be extremely favourable.
* Plant experience, particularly with forklifts, would also be beneficial.
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 910191.