910500 - Senior Waste Specialist
Our nuclear client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Waste Specialist, based in Caithness, North of Scotland.
* The Job Holder is responsible for delivering the site's waste strategy and ensuring the site remains compliant with waste legislation.
* Apply specialised waste knowledge and experience to implement the lifetime plan and waste strategies for the site
* Direct activities with allocated resources and schedule taking into account analysis of dependencies and constraints, scope, risks and assumptions
* Provide waste advice to waste advisors and project teams
* Review and report to the Waste Manager problems and incidents, establishing causes and identifying, recommending and implementing solutions as required
* Manage, model and interpret waste data sets
* Act as a key stakeholder in a range of waste processes, including DMRs, HAZOPs, UNOR investigations, BPM assessments
* Provide specialist waste support to interface with internal and external stakeholders and the site's regulators including NDA, SEPA, ONR and EURATOM
* Develop and implement improvements to the Waste Management System including but not limited to technical specifications, strategies, policies and procedures
* Review and approve waste documentation in line with project and legislative requirements, including Project Specific Waste Plans, Activity Assessments, Waste/Characterisation Advice Notes, Waste Consignments
* Mentor waste specialists on matters related to regulatory and waste compliance
* Manage waste container stocks and procurements in line with the site waste inventory
* Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post
Skills & Experience
* Degree in Science/Engineering or equivalent qualification plus experience
* (includes appointment as a Radioactive Waste Adviser)
* Moderate relevant nuclear site experience
* Sound knowledge of all categories of waste (both radiological and non-radiological) and the techniques/processes used to characterise them
* Practical understanding of waste treatments and processes including appropriate legal and legislative requirements
* Practical understanding of radioactive waste management and site authorisations
* Good oral & written communication skills
* Ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels
* Good organisational and planning skills
* Innovative and proactive
* Self motivated and flexible.
* Ability to work under pressure and to time deadlines whilst maintaining quality of output
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 908647.