909929 - Tax Manager
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Tax Manager, based in Inverness, Highlands.
* Reporting to the senior manager and client partners, the role is both compliance and advisory based.
* The Tax Manager will be allocated a varied portfolio of clients and the role will involve :
* Review of personal, partnership, LLP, trust and corporate tax returns.
* To be able to recognise and advise on planning points for clients that may arise as a result of tax return reviews or other correspondence.
* Review of simple ad hoc advisory work prepared by team members.
* To be able to respond to client partner requests for information on planning opportunities with appropriately
* researched and documented alternatives.
* Preparation of detailed and technical tax advisory reports for clients.
* Self-awareness of own knowledge of the appropriate legislation is vital to be able to guide and educate
* colleagues. Critically, it is necessary to know where an answer cannot be provided without further consultation and to be able to research and consult within the firm for the best advice.
* Correspondence with HMRC where enquiries are raised into self-assessment tax returns.
Skills & Experience
* The ideal candidate must have a broad base of strong technical skills and experience.
* This is a role where you will be required to provide prompt technical support to the client
partners on a varied and technically challenging client base.
* Candidates will ideally be at a managerial level in their current role
Applicants should be CTA and/or ACA/ACCA qualified with moderate years PQE gained in a tax environment.
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 909929.