911124 - Project Manager
Our client a leading global supplier of standards based structured cabling systems for data centres.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Project Manager, based in Glenrothes, Fife.
* Developing and managing programme/project plans inclusive of budget and coordinating project activities within the project team and between various departments through the generation and maintenance of project schedules and other tools.
* Communicating team progress within the team, cross functionally and to management.
* Applying sound meeting management techniques; providing meeting agendas (and managing meetings to them), generating and publishing meeting minutes with associated action items to drive timeliness and thoroughness of completion of assigned projects.
* Facilitating the team in resolving roadblocks and other issues that arise.
* Proactively seeking management assistance in resolving roadblocks and resource issues.
* Investigating and presenting alternatives to proposed schedule delays, budgetary increases both within the team and the management.
* Providing an atmosphere of team participation and problem solving with the project team.
* Supports administration of PDI at both departmental and business level.
* Training team members on the PDU process and gathering/recommending changes to the PDI and associated procedures.
Skills & Experience
* Bachelor Degree (BS or Business)
* Prince 2 Practitioner or IPMA Practitioner (Desirable)
* Moderate years of leadership experience managing new product development projects
* Project management within a manufacturing environment
* Microsoft Office (Project) experience
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Highly developed level of creativity and problem solving
* Able to define and implement solutions to problems
* Research and analysis skills
* Innovative in approach to planning and problem solving
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is up to £50,000 plus benefits.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 911124.