Our Client, a producer of award winning food products based near Inverness, has an opportunity available to appoint at Dispatch Assistant to join their team on a permanent basis.
The Dispatch Assistant will be responsible for carrying out all routine dispatch activities as directed and contributing to the effective operation of the dispatch department including customer interaction, stock control compliance with Hygiene, Environmental and H & S obligations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contributing to the accurate collating, compiling and dispatch of customer orders to agreed schedules.
- Ensuring that at all time allocated duties are carried out efficiently and effectively and that timekeeping and other internal stipulations are consistently adhered to.
- Encouraging effective interaction with the Company’s various customers.
- Contributing to effective teamwork within the dispatch department and the constructive interaction with personnel from other departments.
- Continued conformance with all internal Company procedures and parameters including those for forecasting, control, traceability, quality control, maintenance of product and replenishment of stock.
- Contributing to the efficiency of all distribution activities and maintaining high standards of cleanliness in the dispatch area.
- Identifying and bringing to the attention of the Team Leader any areas of concern in internal operations or opportunities for improvement in all dispatch activities.
- Contributing to the production of accurate records on stock levels and other pertinent information for referral to the Team Leader.
- To carry out all other reasonable instructions emanating from the Team Leader or the Partners.
The ideal Dispatch Assistant will:
- Have previous experience of working within a production or dispatch environment
- Be computer literate
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be a team player and willing to learn
The Dispatch Assistant will work hours set between 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8am to 4pm on Fridays, however flexibility is essential as during busy periods there may be the requirement to start at 7am.