910890 - Materials/Logistic Controller
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Materials/Logistic Controller, based in Inverness.
* Receive 'goods in' checking against delivery note and arranging transfer to appropriate department/individual or enter to stock following relevant procedure.
* Receive and print orders, prepare for shipping and subsequent delivery ensuring that packaging and labelling are appropriate and adequate for destination.
* Ensure 'goods out' documentation such as delivery notes, pick lists, bill of lading, EUR1, ATR are completed accurately, comply with relevant shipping regulations/procedures and where relevant are authorised by the appropriate body.
* Contact carrier to make arrangements and issue shipping instructions and delivery of materials ensuring best price taking into account delivery times.
* Rectify problems such as delays, damages, shortages and non-conformance to specifications.
* Document via AQS any customer service issues and/or shipping/receiving errors.
* Use SAGE to maintain stock records of all products and supplies.
* Use SAGE to order supplies to replenish stock as required and/or as instructed ensuring best price.
* Maintain contact with supplier, overseeing progress of orders and chasing where necessary in order to meet delivery deadlines.
* Liaising with H&S representative, responsible for awareness of any hazardous materials and the appropriate handling/storage of such.
* Ensure monthly Parcelforce invoice accurate matching orders shipped with those detailed on invoice.
* Assist Financial Controller with quarterly stock checks.
Skills and Experience
* Experience of purchasing, materials handling and/or logistics management both domestic and international.
* Experience of working in a workshop/stores environment.
* Minimum 3 GCSEs or equivalent including English.
* Excellent PC and Microsoft Applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Good planning and organisation skills.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Knowledge and experience using SAGE 50 Accounts software.
* Recognised qualification in Purchasing and/or Logistics.
* Full, clean driving licence.
* Certificate in the Operation of a Fork Lift Truck.
* Awareness of Health and Safety.
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 910890.