911004 - Shift Relief Operator
Our client is a major U.K. Maltster with a total annual production capacity of 255,000 tonnes. As suppliers of high quality malt products to all sectors of the Brewing and Distilling Industries across the globe, they draw on many years of experience and strive to provide complete customer satisfaction.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Shift Relief Operator, based in Inverness, Scotland.
While working shifts:
* Production of malt or barley drying, as per the instructions from the maltings management. This includes the steeping, germination, kilning and drying operations.
* Transfer of barley from the barley plant into production as required.
* Co-ordinate the correct addition of process aids and record usage, if required.
* Run kilned malt to the malt bins as and when needed.
* Liaise with the engineering staff to report and assist in identifying operational issues.
* Liaise with malting management to report any obvious productions anomalies and be familiar with the operational practices.
* Maintain the cleanliness of the box and under box after stripping the kiln and all of the working area.
* Complete all necessary records in accordance with the company quality standards.
* Ensure compliance with the company safety procedures and the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
While working days:
* Assist Malt Technicians to dress malt and barley.
* Assist in maintaining high standards of plant hygiene by power washing, vacuum cleaning and sweeping plant and equipment.
* Operate the Fork lift truck.
* Assist plant engineering department as required.
* Drive company vehicle as necessary.
Skills and Experience
* Candidate must be literate and numerate with the ability to follow procedures accurately.
* Prepared to be flexible and work varying hours, sometimes at short notice.
* Candidate should be reliable with good time keeping and attendance.
* Aptitude, candidate must have motivation and be able to use their own initiative.
* Have problem solving skills.
* Computer literate.
* Good communication skills.
* Ability and confidence to work unsupervised.
* Prepared to be trained for manual handling.
* Candidate must be physically fit.
* Full driving license.
* FiM & GMC Qualifications are desirable.
* Previous Fork Lift Truck experience is advantageous but not essential.
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 911004.