Our Client, a producer of high quality fish products based in the Highlands, has an opportunity available for an experienced Production Supervisor to join their team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Primary Processing Manager of the Gutting Department, the Processing Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Production of whole salmon to a finished gutted salmon state.
- All aspects of the process from fish intake to fish despatch.
- Adherence to customer specifications.
- The general housekeeping, food safety and general hygiene of the dept.
- Achieving the daily and weekly production plan.
- Achieving Standard labour efficiencies.
- General staff and site health and safety.
- The inputting of customer orders into computer system.
- Reporting back to customers with a summary of the harvest quantity and quality.
- Despatch of finished product through the night.
- Site security throughout the night.
- Covering the whole dept. in the managers absence and summarizing the depts. KPIs.
The ideal Processing Supervisor will:
- Have experience of working within a Supervisory/Management role within a food production environment
- Have experience of working with high risk products, with experience of fish desirable although not essential
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to lead and motivate a team
- Be Computer literate (including MS Word, Excel)
The Processing Supervisor will work Monday to Friday on a back shift, with start times and finish times variable dependent on business requirements.
The Processing Supervisor will earn a hourly rate of £10.50 per hour with overtime paid at £15.75 per hour.