Our client is looking to appoint a Receptionist on a temporary basis for approximately 6 months. The purpose of the role is to receive, assist and direct visitors in a courteous, efficient and effective way whilst providing general assistance to the office team. This is a full time role and working hours will be 37 per week flexible over 5 days Monday - Friday between the hours of 7.45am and 6.00pm on a rota basis. Duties include:
• Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to visitors.
• Deal with all general enquiries.
• Receive and make telephone calls as required. Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery.
• Ensuring to carefully record all information accurately.
• Prepare lists and notes for Managers.
• Enter information on to the computer as required.
• Retrieve and re-file records as required, ensuring strict alphabetical order is adhered to.
• Ensure correspondence, reports, results etc. are filed/scanned promptly and in the correct records, ensuring that all recent correspondence is available when required.
• Make and serve refreshments, ensure the kitchen is kept clean and tidy and air and tidy the waiting room.
• Open up premises at the start of the day when first to arrive, de-activate alarm and make all necessary preparations.
• Ensure that the building is totally secured, internal lights are off and the alarm activated.
• Microsoft office software, including Excel and Word.
• Dealing with the public.
• Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
• Good management and prioritisation of workload.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Able to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
• Ability to work well in a team.
• Sensitivity and ability to empathise.
• Confidence, tact and diplomacy.
• Initiative, flexibility and adaptability.
• Ability to work quickly and accurately.