Our Client, a busy Filling Station & Shop based at Onich, has an opportunity for a Supervisor to join their team.
The role of the Supervisor will be to:
- Supervise & audit the day to day running of our Onich Services (Filling Station & Shop) to ensure efficiency in all respects (including customer services & stock control); and that the site operates to the highest of standards with regard to health and safety and environment matters, interfacing with our systems, policies and procedures.
- Assist in retaining customers and growth in the area by understanding customer requirements & addressing them accordingly. Opportunities to expand all business lines should be exploited.
- Identify weaknesses in any area and to rectify them, or bring them to the notice of your Manager.
- Process filling station daily journals, ensuring all records reconcile, including but not limited to shop sales, fuel sales, fuel cards, sundry items, vat, stock purchases etc, ensuring all are accurate in all respects.
- Be the liquor licence holder for the site and make staff aware of their responsibilities with regard to selling alcohol and other restricted goods.
- Evaluate any improvements that can be made e.g. customer service; costs savings; productivity and to forward a strategy plan on how to implement.
- Ensure we have good communication at all times with staff on all
?The successful Supervisor will:
- Have supervisory experience (within a small retail shop environment is desirable)
- Be computer literate
- Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Have a polite, professional manner
- Be passionate about providing a professional and friendly service
- Be organised and efficient in managing own workload
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Be willing to be a Premises Licence Holder to the site
- Be a driver with their own transport
The Supervisor will ideally work full time hours, 40 per week, however a candidate looking to work from 32 – 40 hours a week would also be considered. Hours of work will currently fall between 7am to 2.30pm however the site is open Monday to Sunday 7am to 9.30pm therefore flexibility is essential.
The Supervisor will receive an hourly pay rate which is negotiable on experience.
The Supervisor will initially work on a temporary basis although providing the standards are met, will transfer across to a permanent contract after 12 weeks.